Sunglasses rarely blow us away anymore, having seen, well, everything under the sun. However, Shwood’s Eugene Selects are just about the most striking shades we’ve ever worn. A metallic gold wire rim flashes in juxtaposition against the soft and unmistakable luster of Redwood burl. A gold Shwood logo is embedded into the left arm for an added kick of style. Elegant as it may be, the Eugene comes with polarized lenses and, most importantly, a sustainable story: the Redwood burls are sustainably harvested after they naturally drop from the tree trunk. Now that blows us away.
Tester Quote: “I’m not sure what’s better, the shades or the story behind them.
- Birch frame core with ebony/redwood burl overlays
- Polarized lenses with 100% UV protection
- Stainless steel spring hinges
- Hand-sewn semi-hard leather case
Size: [lens/bridge/temple] 54 / 21 / 135 mm
- [core] birch, [overlay] ebony, redwood burl
- polycarbonate lens