- Sources of Data Collection
- When you register for our service
- When you interact with our service
- Accessing our services through our applications including the installation of our browser extension
- Joining or connecting to our service through third party websites or our partners like social media or email
- Requesting support through our contact us form
- At the time you download our browser extension, we will automatically collect information about you through cookies, log processes and other various tracking technologies. We will also collect information from third parties like referral source and time stamps for example.
- Types of Data Collected
- Personal information and identifiers that you input or provide directly. For example, your name, email and mailing address
- Information collected through using our service like IP address, session IDs and information regarding your system operating system, computer hardware or network identifiers
- Commerce Information that is collected about products purchased, coupons used, merchants engaged with and other transaction data related to our services. Cash back, transaction confirmation information and transaction history are all information we collect
- Internet activity as it pertains to our site and service, such as your browsing, search and engagement history with our sites and services. This includes URL’s of the pages you visit which includes the URL’s tracked by our browser extension, specific searches, click engagement and time/dates
- Personal Information
- Only a select few AJ employees will ever see your personal information. It is only accessed in order to track your purchases and send you Cash Back. In the event that we use contractors or venders to help us in providing services, your information will only be disclosed to them with a confidentiality requirement in place. We reserve the right to disclose your information to protect our rights, comply with state or federal laws, judicial proceedings, or court order.
- Privacy With Active Junky
- AJ will never ask you for your personal information such as username, password, or email address in an unsolicited letter, call, or email. If you contact and AJ customer service representative, any personal information you disclose will only be utilized if necessary to fulfill a request. The information will not be recorded. If you utilize our referral program, we will ask for your friend's name and email address. Your friend will receive an email from us with an invitation to join. We only ask for that information in order to track the referral process and execute that one-time email. Your friend may at any time contact [email protected] and request that his information be removed from our database.
- Privacy with stores and advertisers
- Email Policy
- AJ sends personal customer service emails as well as promotional emails. You are required to receive emails regarding your personal account, but if you would like to stop receiving promotional emails you may do so clicking "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any email. Please read our Terms and Conditions if you'd like more information about spamming; it is explicitly prohibited.
- Cookies are small text files that a website writes onto your computer. They are used by our affiliate sites to recognize you as an AJ member and track your purchases. Cookies also identify you on the AJ site and keep you logged in while browsing. Cookies must be enabled to collect Cash Back rewards.
- Requesting Account Deletion
- You have the right to request that we delete any personal information we have collected from you or store about you. If you request that we delete your personal information, we will delete your information within 48 hours. To make this request, go to 'Account & Settings', click on 'Delete Account' and then type 'Delete Account' to validate the deletion. Once that action is taken, your personal information will be deleted from our system. If you were included in one of our previous Cash Back payouts, it is within our legal rights to retain some of your information pertaining to that payout for business purposes. For any questions on information that is kept, please reach out to [email protected]
- Behavioral Advertising
AJ may use third-parties (such as network advertisers) to serve advertisements on the AJ website, and we may use traffic measurement services to analyze traffic on the AJ website. Network advertisers are third-parties that display advertisements based on your visits to the AJ websites and other websites you have visited. This practice is sometimes called “behavioral advertising.”
- help deliver advertisements to you for products or services that may be of interest to you,
- prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too many times, and
- help us and the third parties understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements that have been delivered to you.
AJ may use a variety of companies to serve advertisements on the AJ websites.
You may wish to visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/ (the “NAI Site”) and http://www.aboutads.info/principles/ (the “DAA Site”) to learn more about online advertising including behavioral advertising. The NAI Site provides information about the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”), its members, and your choices regarding having information used by NAI companies, including the “opt-out” procedures of NAI members which are located at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. The DAA Site provides information about the Digital Advertising Alliance and the companies who participate in its transparency and choice program around interest-based advertising. You can opt-out of having the participating companies collect Web viewing data for interest- based advertising by visiting this page: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Please note that if you delete, block, or otherwise restrict cookies, or if you use a different computer or Internet browser, you will need to renew your opt-out choice. Also, if you choose to opt out of having your information used to deliver advertisements tailored to your interests, you will continue to see advertisements on this website, but these advertisements may not be as relevant to you.
For additional information on cookies and web beacons, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
- Your Choice and Responsibility
- We will periodically send you promotional emails regarding especially awesome deals on certain products. You have the choice to stop these communications at any time and can do so at the bottom of any email.
- It is your responsibility to update and maintain all account information. Your address entered in your account is the location to which we will send you cash back. AJ is not responsible for Cash Back being sent to incorrect addresses. To update your information, visit your profile page.
- We post all changes to this Privacy Agreement here on our site; it is your responsibility to check for updates.
- Browser Extension