- Effective Date: May 23, 2018
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: DISPUTES ABOUT THESE TERMS OF SERVICE ARE SUBJECT TO BINDING ARBITRATION AND A WAIVER OF CLASS ACTION RIGHTS AS DETAILED IN THE “MANDATORY ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER” SECTION BELOW.
Terms of Service
- Active Junky Cash Back Shopping Program
- ActiveJunky.com (AJ) provides members with the ability to earn cash back on any purchases completed through one of our 100+ retail partners. You can become a member via Facebook login or a unique account, which requires only an email address and password. You don't need any software to use our site; it's purely Internet-based. AJ is awarded a commission for referring its members to its partner retailers and AJ uses that commission to reward its members. To learn more about our cash back program, keep on reading. Once you start using AJ, you'll realize how awesome it is.
- Becoming a Member
- Personal Information
- Earning Cash Back
- It's pretty easy to earn Cash Back. You find what you want on the AJ site, and by clicking from ActiveJunky.com to one of our affiliate websites, AJ can trace your purchase and give you cash money. The exact amount of Cash Back that you earn depends on each product that you purchase, and AJ will notify you of how much each product is worth in terms of Cash Back. Be aware that your Cash Back amount is based on your net purchase. This excludes tax, fees, shipping, gift-wrapping, and warranties. Some of our partners exclude products from the Cash Back Program and AJ will do its best to update its databases accordingly. In order to earn Cash Back you must complete your purchase directly after clicking from AJ. If you visit other sites in between or are not signed into AJ when making your purchase, AJ might not be able to trace your activity and therefore will not award you Cash Back. Make sure your "cookies" are enabled before making purchases; it is the tool that allows AJ to identify and attribute your purchase to your Member account. In order to be eligible to receive a cash back payment, you must earn more than $5 worth of Cash Back. Your balance will remain in your account until you reach this amount.
- Earning Bonuses & Other Rewards
- AJ sometimes offers incentives in the form of monetary or other bonuses for becoming a Member, attracting new Members, or any other action AJ creates. If the terms and conditions of such incentives differ from the User Agreement, AJ will specify how the terms and conditions are different from this User Agreement at the point where such incentives are offered. AJ creates these incentives with the intention of generating new Members. Each person is only eligible for one sign-up reward or bonus and you only earn one referral-bonus for each person that is referred.
- Receiving Payment
- Below are the four payment periods at ActiveJunky.com. We pay our customers their balance every 3 months:
|Purchase Period||Payment Date|
|January 1st – March 31st||May 10th|
|April 1st – June 30th||August 10th|
|July 1st – September 30th||November 10th|
|October 1st – December 31st||February 10th|
- Updating & Maintaining Your Account
- In order to update or change any of your AJ account information you must be logged in. You can check out your purchase history, recent Cash Back awards, and other information at any time by clicking on the My Account tab. You are completely responsible for managing your account information and keeping your password confidential. Anything directed to AJ under your password requiring action will be executed. AJ is not responsible for any credits or debits that occur from your account if someone else using your password executes them.
- Receiving Communications from ActiveJunky
- By becoming an AJ member, you give AJ permission to send you emails and/or newsletters that are relative to your account. For example, notifications about receiving cash back via check or paypal deposit will be periodically sent to you, as well as coupons and special discounts that AJ thinks you would enjoy. If you don't want to get coupon and discount emails, you can easily unsubscribe through the Subscriptions button on your account or by using the unsubscribe link on all of the emails. You can't unsubscribe from account-related emails however; you need those. If you really don't want to get email from us at any time, including account-related emails, you must cancel your AJ account. You can do so by contacting our customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Inactive Member Accounts & Termination of Membership
- Guess what! Becoming an AJ member is free! AJ won't even charge you to receive a check in the mail or a Cash Back payment. However, if your account is inactive for twelve (12) months (meaning that you don’t log into ActiveJunky.com during that time), a maintenance fee of two dollars ($2.00) will be deducted from your Cash Back balance. As soon as you log back into AJ again, AJ will reactivate your account. If your account balance reaches zero dollars ($0)and AJ cannot charge you anymore, AJ will delete your account. AJ will not continue to charge you after the account hits zero dollars ($0), you will not owe money to AJ.
- User Conduct
By becoming a member of Active Junky you are agreeing not to steal or copy content, code, design or any aspect of Active Junky's business concept for your own financial gain. If we feel that you have used Active Junky's content, code, design or business concept in your own business after becoming a member, your account will be shut down and legal action may be taken under applicable laws.
- Program Qualifications
- The final decision as to whether a purchase qualifies for Cash Back rewards is the sole decision of AJ. If a partner store does not record a transaction or does not reward AJ with the appropriate commission, AJ reserves the right to discard the Cash Back reward associated with the purchase. If for any reason AJ feels that you have acted fraudulently on your account, AJ reserves the right to withhold Cash Back payments. You hereby authorize AJ to review your account in any cases of suspected fraudulent actions. AJ is not responsible for lost gift cards, coupons, or Cash Back rewards and checks. AJ is not responsible for stolen gift cards, coupons, or Cash Back rewards and checks even if such rewards are delivered to the wrong address. AJ is not responsible for any payment errors made by AJ or payment partners (Paypal). You must monitor your own account with regards to appropriate Cash Back rewards and payments to ensure accuracy. If you feel your account has been credited incorrectly, you have 90 days to contact AJ about the discrepancy. If you feel that you have been improperly credited or your account is inaccurate, your only solution is to withdraw from the program. Based on the tax laws of federal, state, and local jurisdiction, you may be subject to taxes on your purchases and Cash Back receipts. AJ reserves the right to decide whether or not to inform you of instances when you will be taxed. Regardless, you are responsible for any and all taxes that result from purchases or member referrals. AJ is not responsible for the actions of any affiliate program, store, or policy changes that have an effect on the Cash Back rewards you may have earned. AJ is also not responsible for the cancellation or changes to any coupon or discount offered from an affiliate store.
- Program Limitations and Disclaimers
- This AJ program does not come with a warranty. AJ is allowed to cancel the program at any time regardless of notification. AJ fully denies any and all warranties in regards to the AJ program. AJ makes no guarantees regarding the truthfulness or quality of the products offered by affiliate stores. AJ is in no way responsible for any harm that may come to you or your computer based on access or inability to access the AJ website at any time. Member shall not hold any AJ subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors and employees accountable for any instances of harm or claims due to Member's use of the program.
- AJ is allowed to change the User Agreement at any time, with or without notice to you. AJ encourages you to periodically read the User Agreement to understand or recognize any modifications. By participating in the program after the User Agreement has been altered, you are agreeing to accept the changes made.
- MANDATORY ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER