Pick your fuel right and this one fires up fast and hot. Testers in Chile’s Lake District experimented with a variety of tinder-sized woods and weeds to balance quantity against quality (as in, not smoking and gumming up the heat exchanger rod). The winner? Shaved, finger-sized hardwood branches roared into iPhone-charging action within 60 seconds. Figure out your own fire-starting method as those supplied are fragile and go quickly.
- There's no need to buy or carry heavy fuel canisters with this stove—simply collect twigs during your journey and burn them when you get to camp
- Using patent-pending thermoelectric technology, the stove converts heat to electricity that charges an internal battery and powers a fan to increase the efficiency of the fire
- Extra electricity can be used to charge small electronics like cell phones, headlamps and rechargeable batteries via the USB port; devices and charging cables sold separately
- For an Apple iPhone® 4S, 20 min. of charging with a strong fire gives you about 60 min. of talk time; charging times vary by device as well as by the strength of the fire
- During a full burn, the CampStove can boil 1 liter of water in as little as 4 min. 30 sec.; place your pot or pan on the built-in pot support
- Like a campfire, you can sit around the CampStove and watch the flames dance while you roast marshmallows and spend time with friends
- Twigs from hardwood trees, like oak, maple and hickory, will burn hottest and cleanest; choose wood that's dry, and avoid burning leaves, as they can be smoky
- Stove can also burn wood pellets (available at many home and garden stores) if you're camping in a spot where you're not allowed to collect twigs or trees aren't present
- Weighs about 2 lbs.and is about the same size as a 1-liter Nalgene water bottle; power module stows inside the fuel chamber when the stove is not in use
- Anodized-aluminum legs create a stable platform for cooking; legs fold in for compact storage when you're done making dinner
- Starter battery helps kick-start the fire before the stove begins generating its own power so it's best to charge the battery for 2 - 4 hrs. before leaving home
- Comes with firestarter, stuff sack, USB cord for charging the internal battery and instructions for use; does not include a cable for charging devices
Size: 5 x 8.25 inches
Weight: 2 lbs. 1 oz.