Epic’s based on loosely on pemmican, the Native American high fat, high protein mish-mash of meat and berries. Their modern rendition is a delectable dose of hunter-gatherer inspired energy.
Testing Scenario: From the trying terminals of international airports to the steep pitches of the Andean backcountry, the 200-calorie Bison Bar remained a welcome snack.
Flavor: Living off all-in-one energy bars is tiresome as many are far more sweet than savory. Epic Bar changes the game with a meal-like, meat-based recipe. Chomp two or three for lunch on the trail or tarmac.
- Delicious Turkey Almond Cranberry bar is loaded with almonds, cranberries and spices to add flavor, texture and balance to the meatiness
- Turkeys are fed non-GMO grains such as barley and alfalfa
- The Bison Bacon Cranberry bar delivers a substantial serving of 100% grass-fed organic bison, brilliantly combined with humane-certified, uncured bacon and tart cranberries
- Bison meat contains 40% more protein than beef
- The Lamb Currant Mint bar is comprised of a select blend of 100% organic, pasture-raised, grass-fed lamb with subtle hints of organic currants and dehydrated spearmint leaves
- Grass-fed lamb is high in Omega-3 fatty acids