We are no audio experts, but we have tested many headphones in the past. From over the ear studio headphones to plenty of in ear bluetooth headphones, and these Jaybirds are up there with the best of them. The 6mm milled driver produces surprisingly crisp and dynamic sound. With the Jaybird Mobile App you can customize the EQ of your headphones to get the sound to your exact preferences. We found the sound to be pretty good straight out of the box, but did tweak it a little to dial it in. Speaking of the Jaybird app, not only can you change the EQ to custom or various preset profiles, you can also customize the button functionality to get a completely customized experience with your headphones.
The big update with the new Vista 2 is the ANC and SurroundSense technology to allow you complete focus or retain some situational awareness depending on how you are using the headphones. For example while cycling or running with the headphones we like to take advantage of the SurroundSense feature allowing us to hear cars, hikers, other cyclists and whatever else may be on the trail while still using both headphones. The feature works really well amplifying ambient sounds without overpowering the audio from the headphones. On the flip side if you are in the gym focusing on your workout or sitting at the office cramming to hit a deadline. The ANC does a great job with consistent sounds like a fan or likely an airplane engine making these headphones a perfect fit for travel.
The battery life is impressive with an up to 8 hour run time with fully charged buds and the charging case holds a charge and can stretch your play time to up to 24 hours. If you choose to only use one bud you can squeeze even more time out of a single charge. With just a 5 minute charge in the case you can get up to an hour of playback time.
Having a good fit for long runs, bike rides, or even just sitting around the office is crucial. We’ve found the headphones to be comfortable for many hours while sitting at the desk and for shorter stints of time while on the bike or going for a run. The Vista 2s come with three different size ear gels to customize and perfect your fit.
The Vista 2 from Jaybird is their best work yet. With the added ANC and SurroundSense we would recommend these headphones to anyone as they really perform well in a wide range of situations, from travel to exercise and beyond.
- ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION cuts out background noise so you stay in the zone and perform at your max
- SURROUNDSENSE keeps you connected and aware of your surroundings
- Wind-guarded mics monitor ambient noise so you can stay spatially aware without missing a beat
- EARTHPROOF DURABILITY IP68 waterproof, sweatproof, and dustproof, with MIL-STD 810G freeze, shock, and impact resistance
- PREMIUM SOUND 6MM milled drivers, Active Noise Cancellation, and customizable EQ profiles to own your sound
- SPORT FIT 3 sizes of interchangeable eargels let you find the most secure and comfortable fit for your active lifestyle
- 24-HOUR BATTERY LIFE 8 hours of audio on a full charge, plus 16 more in the charging case, with a 5 minute quick charge offering an hour of play time