When everyone heads for their tent, camper or RV, you’re stretching out in a world of your own doing. Actually, the innovators at Klymit did the heavy lifting to get a lightweight sleeping pad under you and another – at the same time when needed. Testers split the difference between solo and dual sleeping, relishing the 47” platform that inflated with under a dozen pumps. Clever, too, is the stuff stack that morphs into air pump that surprised with V-worthy pressure to create a patterned surface that never slipped, pinched or shifted. Note that the 40.5oz weight is more relevant to a sheep-counting duo for hike-in and trekking scenarios than light and fast packing trips. Rated for use directly on the ground, Active Junky’s predisposition to sharp rock settings kept us on pins and needles (and mostly using a ground cloth). With the tech, construction and plump profile of Double V, the under-$130 pricing is more than competitive with others.
- Perfect for couples camping.
- Includes an air pump that doubles as the pad’s stuff sack.
- V-chamber design limits air movement even if your partner tosses and turns.
- Light enough to take backpacking at 40.5 oz.
- Rugged material is great if you want to sleep on the ground.