Here at Active Junky, we’re big fans of LifeStraw after traveling to Chile with the Go Bottle. The brand previously won us over in the Lake District, pulling its (feather)weight with the original Straw in mountain and forest streams. Now, our team was able to scoop-and-go on the fly from water sources all over Chiloe Island. When you are a) not able to carry massive quantities of water and b) unwilling to resort to plastic-consuming bottled water at every turn of the road, LifeStraw is the way to go.
Tester Quote: “Six ounces of weight to process 22oz of water with no batteries or moving parts. Awesome. And, the flip-top bite valve prevented leaking and guarded against contamination. Give everyone in your group one and hit the trail.”
Best For: Domestic and international travel, following all instructions after understanding Go’s water purification standard
- Hollow-fiber filter membrane offers a high flow rate; sip on the straw and it filters the water while it's on the way to your mouth
- 0.2-micron filter physically removes 99.9999% of all bacteria, such as salmonella, cholera and E.coli; removes 99.9% of all protozoa such as giardia and cryptosporidium
- Detachable filter is effective for cleaning up to 264 gallons before needing replacement; bottle can be used indefinitely
- BPA-free Tritan® plastic bottle is lightweight and durable; leakproof lid and durable, flexible mouthpiece detaches for easy cleaning
- 22 fl. oz. LifeStraw Go Filter Bottle includes a carabiner for easy carrying
Size: 22 fl. oz.
Weight: 7.8 ounces
Materials: BPA-free Tritan® plastic