This cranial case is exactly what you want on your dome in a worst-case scenario. Not only does it employ POC’s best-in-class helmet construction with a stalwart unibody shell and aramid bridge, but it also includes a built-in NFC Medical chip that stores medical and emergency contact information. The chip is a potentially life-saving feature—one you’ll be happy to have yet never want to use.
Chip aside, the helmet is no cross-country lightweight—it’s built to endure the rigors of enduro. The Swedish safety brand’s SPIN tech reduces the consequences of concussion-causing torsional impacts (similar to MIPS). Testers dug the extra features: the broad, effective visor, as well as the goggle clips, but did notice that the fit of the helmet pressed down on the arms of big-bodied sunglasses.
- Burly trail helmet is prepared for all-day epics or enduro stages
- Integrated NFC Medical chip technology gives you peace of mind
- Fully adjustable visor keeps your vision free from glare and rain
- Unibody shell construction and aramid bridge are structurally sound
- SPIN (Shearing Pad Inside) technology displaces energy from impacts
- Integrated goggle clip keeps your eyewear secure on rainy days