Active Junky alert: buying a windshirt is not an exercise in consumerism, at least with Sierra Designs. Testers found reasons to keep All Season close during late summer alpine exploits, travel to South America and late night Chipotle runs. Pushing back breezes while staying breathable put this one on the must-carry list for multi-season travelers. Sierra Designs blows by competitive styles with enough plush to wear for hours under AC-blasting airplane nozzles. The zips, pulls, toggle tensioners and lay-flat hood performed flawlessly as well. Technically, Windjacket’s a 4-way stretch softshell with higher, pack-compatible pockets. Call it one of 2014’s screaming apparel values and you’re getting warmer.
- Stretch Mobility
- Pack-Compatible Pockets
- Lay-Flat Hood
- Double-woven fabric is highly tear resistant, yet has soft interior for added comfort
- Fabric blocks wind, yet some air-permeability dries sweat quickly
- Welded, stitch-free construction and water-resistant fabric allows this windwear to pass as light rainwear
- Die-cut underarm vents keep you cool without the bulk and hassle of zippers
- Hem drawcord and adjustable cuff-tabs block out cold
- Trim cut fits over base layer and light mid-layer
Size: S - XXL
Weight: 18.5 oz.
Materials: 105D 50% Nylon / 39% Polyester / 11% Spandex weave, DWR