Field Notes: Set up on the river bed of the Colorado River, this tent kept testers warm in high-velocity gales. But the tent truly shined when stars were bright and skies were clear. A full mesh body makes this Slumberjack a premier stargazing tent.
Pros: The tent is simply designed, and makes a strong case for car camping families or hunting parties. The full mesh body is a fun feature when the stars are shining and makes the Slumberjack a low-cost option.
Cons: The poles are long and heavy; they could easily be considered jousting lances. The two top poles seemed superfluous and there is minimal pocket space. While testers prefer 2-door designs, the single-door design works with the Daybreak because of how campers can orient their sleeping bags.
Favorite Feature: The mesh body for the win; once testers were lying on their backs and staring at the stars, they couldn’t have been more stoked.
Tester Quote: “Affordability and stability make this tent a decent option for families, and the mesh makes it great for muggy summer trips when keeping out insects is the only real concern. Stargazing is phenomenal as well.”
Bottom Line: A cheap and almost industrial design makes this Slumberjack a fine choice for casual car campers who want to fall asleep to the twinkling of constellations.
- Full coverage rainfly features double vestibule zippers that convert to an awning
- Ridge poles increase tent volume and headroom
- Simple and easy setup with shockcorded fiberglass frame
- Large D door for easy entry
- Heavy duty 1200mm coating on rainfly and floor
- Full mesh interior walls for excellent ventilation and stargazing
- Tent light loop and cloths line loops in the pear of the tent
- Interior storage pockets, stakes, reflective guy lines and carry bags included
- Fire Retardant
- Dimensions: 8'3" x 7'
- Area (Sq. Ft.): 57.75 + 22.2 Vest.
- Int Height: 4'10.5"
- Pack Size: 7" x 26"
- Min Wt: 9 lbs. 15 oz.
- Pkg Wt: 11 lbs. 2 oz.
- Floor Material: 66D Polyester taffeta w/ 1200mm coating
- Fly Material: 66D Polyester taffeta w/ 1200mm coating
- Wall Material: 40D Polyester No-See-Um mesh
- Roof Material: 40D Polyester No-See-Um mesh
- Netting: 40D Polyester No-See-Um mesh