Stio’s crafted what our testers believe to be the best adventure travel shirt of all time. It may seem expensive, but the Eddy holds true to the idiom, “you get what you pay for.”
Many brands fall short on claims that their gear holds up from the “tavern to the trailhead,” but this short sleeve shirt delivered on both accounts. Testers wore the Eddy on the muddiest mountain biking trails of their lives, at formal Michelin-star restaurants, and everywhere in between. Eddy can handle dirt, but when it’s time to clean up and hit the town, it handles that, too.
When backpacking across Europe — or any minimalist adventure travel scenario, for that matter — it pays to carry along a shirt that you can wear in semi-formal situations without looking like a dirtbag. Our testers were stoked to rock the Eddy on the trail given the lightweight nylon/poly fabric (UPF+ 50 protection), but it was when bar-hopping in Barcelona that they were glad to have such a versatile travel shirt.
Double-chest pockets and sharp, black polished buttons add to the functionality and panache of the Stio Eddy. The only negative our testers could muster is that the nylon/poly blend doesn’t have the multi-day stink-fighting capabilities of a similarly priced 100% merino wool shirt.
Tester Comment: “Every adventure traveler needs a shirt like this: a button-up style that looks as good as it performs.
- WR finish provides water repellency
- 50+ UPF rating for excellent sun protection
- Nylon/poly blend wicks moisture and dries quickly
- Custom yarn dye plaid
- Pearl snaps at center front placket and chest pockets
- Modified shirttail hem wears nicely both tucked in or left out
- Stio® woven logo label
- Center back length 29 1/2”, size M
- Regular Fit - Our medium cut. Roomier than Trim but designed with athletic performance and comfort in mind.
Size: S - XL
Weight: 7.5 oz.
Materials: 54% Nylon 46% Polyester