This helmet costs more than some snowboards. Terje Haakonsen linked up with the Norwegian gear company to develop the Grimnir TE—a MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) equipped carbon fiber helmet designed to take on the toughest terrain. The award-winning helmet is tested for use with action cameras, a fact that many of Sweet Protection’s competitors often ignore (using an action cam can drastically alter the way a helmet protects your cranium in a crash). If you can spring for this ultra-expensive piece of gear, at the very least you should have some peace of mind.
Best For: Riding with confidence in consequential terrain
- Helmet lets you shoot your POV footage without risking your brain
- Hand-built carbon fiber shell accounts for weak spots on skull
- Carbon mounts can be removed when not filming
- Shell engineered to not allow camera to break through
- MIPS technology reduces rotational forces in certain crashes
Materials: pre-preg carbon fiber