The brand, an Active Junky favorite for asymmetrical toebox, all-day comfort and stealth style, is promoting this as a long-distance option. In early-season testing, Active Junky puts it in the training and beginning trail runner categories. With patented NestFit construction that embraces the foot without constraining motion or circulation, Mega is huge on, surprise, comfort. Speed lacing is passable to connect the athlete to the lux midsole, with a goal of less fatigue. Running it on our test course of highly variable conditions outside of Golden, Colorado, it was pure traction in mud, on sketchy loose rock and softer trails. More compacted surfaces meant less power transfer and energy return than we’d expect in a long-distance shoe where protection, ground control and efficiency are huge.
- NestFit construction cradles your feet, accounting for every contour as it follows the natural flow and design of the foot.
- NEW Hyperfoam dual density EVA midsole gives you a plush, cushioned ride.
- Stitch-less forefoot upper eliminates abrasion areas and provide a streamlined look.
- Speed-Lacing System with lace garage.
- Treksta’s Heel Control provides complete cupping of the heel, thereby containing the foot to reduce heel movement and blisters.
- Hypergrip HGL 2-part outsole with IST for maximum grip and stability on a variety of terrain.
- IST Technology responds to abnormal and uneven surfaces through independently moving outsole lug components, creating perfect balance on any type of terrain.
Size: 8 - 13
Weight: 10.5 oz